Oh, that Letterman!
March 7, 2007
The Late Show is running a small advertising campaign in New York that basically works like this:
Video footage of David Letterman, smiling his goofy Letterman smile and waving to you as you pass by a subway station that has one of those video billboards.
If that’s not clear enough…it’s a billboard/poster made out of a TV screen…so you can…like…change the images…and have them…move. Move-a-Louvre. Move-a-Louvre groove. Move to the groove at The Louvre. A-bow-bow.
This got me thinking, which is unusual, because I first saw this video billboard during a work day.
First, I thought: Oh, that Letterman!
Then I wondered what other celebrity or celebrity types I’d like to see performing some interactive…activity…in a similar manner as Mr. Letterman and his wave.
- The Shameless Pick: A freshly shaven Britney Spears, waiting, wild-eyed, for passerby…buzzers in hand.
- The Lusty Pick: Jenna Jameson, or some betterer porn star (ibiteyoureyes abstains from porn, because he has a hot girlfriend) performing some sort of “come hither” gesture.
- The Toothy Pick: a Jewel music video.
- The Sporty Pick: New England Patriots WR Reche Caldwell, just…looking…at passerby.
- The Political Pick: The POTUS…just doing anything that the POTUS does…
- The Self-Damning Pick: Chief Consumer Correspondent Lea Thompson’s warning passerby about the dangers of salad.
- The Nostalgic Pick: The Hanker for a Hunk a Cheese Guy, doin his thang…
Other ideas are welcome…