Craigslist All-Stars: Pretty Girls With Pretty Feet
October 17, 2007
Ibiteyoureyes spends a lot of time wasting time on craigslist. Occasionally, he applies to freelance jobs on craigslist. Occasionally he hears back from the poster of the gig. And then does a jig. And puts on a wig. My (rooster) is big.
The point is: I don’t ever get any jobs on craigslist because I am not a pretty girl with pretty feet.
Which gets me wondering. And when I wonder, I imagine, and when I imagine, things like this happen…
Why Pretty Girls With Pretty Feet Are Such A Hot Commodity in New York City
- High percentage of Californian transplants in the population. When I came to New York for college six years ago, I met about seven Californians for every…say…Rhode Islander. And Californians like pretty people, and they like to wear sandals. Probably, the majority of those craigslist advertisers are homesick Californians.
- All that walking, atop all those dirty streets and subway platforms, make for some beat-up, dirty feetsies. The few pretty girls who are either rich enough to take taxis, or lucky enough to have resilient feet, are so rare that they have taken on a value akin to gold, or similar treasures. And so, the craigslisters must be pawn shop suppliers, or mining aficionados.
- The craigslisters have a surplus of socks, sneakers, mirrors, and make-up. Just respectable businessmen trying to make a living. They lure young, pretty woman (with feet) to their apartments, and pay them for the privilege of their business. A unique customer service model.
- The first rule of Foot Club is that you do not talk about Foot Club. I’ve already said too much about this reason.
- Recruiting wives for the lonely gentlemen members of the NSRA.
- People are really getting sick of the demands of ugly girls with ugly feet. With good reason. Now they’re writing books.
To read the next installment of Craigslist All-Stars, click here.